Including Information Notice
Avnet Embedded GmBH is an Avnet company. Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Avnet. On this website Avnet Embedded (Industriestr. 16, 76297 Stutensee, Germany) in its role of data controller is collecting and storing personal data.
This privacy statement shall apply in addition to our Data Protection Policy and all our Terms and Conditions. To ensure fair and transparent processing of your personal data and compliance with applicable laws on data protection, we provide you with the following information:
What personal data is collected and/or processed by Avnet?
The following registration details shall be collected and processed unless a small volume of data is involved:
- User’s Name
- Salutation, if applicable title
- Name and surname
- Tel. no., Fax no.
- E-Mail address
- IP address
How do we use your personal data?
Avnet uses the personal data we have about you for the following purposes:
- Logging of access to our websites (IP address) for statistical purposes, optimize, improve and further develop our website, for instance by analyzing user behavior with respect to dates and times and the data volume called up on our website.
- Communication about products, services and projects e.g. by responding to inquiries or requests.
- Planning, performing and managing the (contractual) relationship e.g. by performing transactions and orders of products or services, processing payments, performing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries, facilitating repairs and providing support services.
- Advertising similar or identical products and/or services to the products or services already purchased and sending out newsletters.
- Administrating and performing customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, contests, or other promotional activities or events.
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites, preventing and detecting errors through log files, security threats, fraud and other criminal or malicious activities.
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), compliance screening obligations, and Avnet’s policies or industry standards; and
- Solving disputes, enforce our contractual agreements and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
We are entitled to use and process your personal data for these purposes by virtue of the performance of a contractual relationship or the legitimate interest of Avnet or third party. If explicitly provided by you, consent can also be a legal basis for Avnet to process or use your personal data. This consent can be withdrawn at any time with effect for the future.
If the legal ground for processing your personal data is no longer available, Avnet may only further process your personal data where there is another legal ground for the processing.
Does Avnet share your personal data with a third party or country?
Avnet may transfer your personal data to other Avnet companies, but only if and to the extent, such transfer is strictly required for the purposes mentioned above.
If legally permitted to do so, Avnet may transfer personal data to courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
In connection with the operation of our websites and the services provided through our websites, Avnet works with service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance, which only act upon instructions of Avnet and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law and to provide appropriate technical and organizational security measures.
Recipients of personal data may possibly be located in countries outside of the European Union /European Economic Area (“third countries”), in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your home country.
As far as such data transfers involve recipients in countries outside the European Union or outside the European Economic Area (“Third Countries”), we will ensure that the transfers will be made in compliance with the EEA data protection provisions, to ensure that an adequate level of data protection equivalent to the GDPR is maintained.
Such safeguards could either be an adequacy decision by which the European Union has deemed the country in which the recipient is located to have adequate data protection laws in place, or the execution of EU Standard Contractual Clauses (also known as EU Model Clauses) with the recipient, or the implementation of Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”) by the recipient.
How long will Avnet store your personal data?
Unless explicitly indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of the personal data, we erase your personal data if the retention of the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and to the extent the processing of personal data is no longer necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under applicable law (e.g. tax or commercial law).
Right of access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, restriction of processing, right to object to processing and right to data portability
Applicable data protection law provides you with the right to: