This high speed I/O module features two Rayprus IAS-compatible imaging modules based on imaging sensors from onsemi. These MIPI sensor modules interface to an AP1302 imaging coprocessor. This kit simplifies the complex process of developing with imaging sensors.
MIPI-CSI2 is widely used in the consumer industry for high-speed communications from host processor to image sensors, but many image sensor modules have varying connector formats which can lead to difficulties with experimenting with different camera modules. The Imager Access System (IAS) image sensor module format from ON Semiconductor helps solve this problem and enables the following:
- Ease of Design-In: OEMs do not have to source lens or explore module vendors
- Decreases time to market by enabling low-touch design
- Prior imaging system expertise is not required since IAS is a plug-and-play solution
The purpose of the IAS standard is to help any end-product or board designer to gain access to all image sensor modules that are compatible within the IAS standard.
- Sockets for two IAS modules
- onsemi AP1302 imaging coprocessor